Tuesday, February 17, 2009

School

Hey, do you know the biggest difference for schooling in Australia and Malaysia??? I still remember back to the good old time.. I always feel very reluctant to go to school, it is always an agony to go to school to face the teacher and the endless homework. Not to forget the humiliating criticism from your teacher if you didn't perform up to her expectation.. Over here, I see it is always encouragement to do better. Encouragement to speak up your opinions. Could this be the reason why westerners are always more outspoken then Asian? It is a common scene in a meeting room which full of Asian to be complete silent, when it is asking for opinions and questions. The system also promote reading habits, I guess this very much help in develop an individual with stronger vocabulary too.

I am seeing a totally difference environment here in Australia. My niece keep asking us when can she go to school again? She asked us, "why it is always holiday? Can I go to school tomorrow?" I seriously doubt she will ask me the same question if she is studying in Malaysia. I sort of gone through her schedule at school.

Monday : Art and German
Tuesday : Music
Wednesday: Mathematic
Thursday : Buddies Day
Friday : Computer and Library

Seriously, this is my school schedule for the pre-primary, I think I will be dying to go to school too :P

No comments: