Monday, February 16, 2009

Haze

Today Melbourne City sky is habouring over by haze and burning smell as a result of the bush fire happening across rural area of Victoria, a lot of my friend wrote to me and concern about whether I am being affect by the bush fire.

Fortunately, I am not, however, it is definitely is an unfortunate event and described as the darkest moment for Australian history since peace time. The death toll I last heared is 181 peoples and about 1000 families losing their home. Everywhere, there are bush fire appeal to help those victims. Personally, I have donated AUD100 on company campaign to raise monies for the victims, my company is going to match every dollars we donated to the event. Which magically make my donation AUD200 for the event. Not taking into consideration of those bush appeal charity foodfair that I went to and try to contribute as much as I can. I can almost feel their pain of losing their loves one and almost everything that they have built up over the years.

However, the haze reminds me of the forest burning event happend few year ago causing the whole Malaysia been harbouring by haze over a month. I am wonder, with the sizeable fire happend in Indonesia, I don't believe if there is any death toll being reported. Is it because the government is covering up the news or there isn't "anyone" living in the forest? Where in develop country like Australia, we can see the bushfire causing 1000 over families to lost their houses and properties. Isn't it ironic? Which is something really puzzling me...

No comments: