Thursday, November 15, 2007

Tough decision

It has been a month with preparation for our move to a totally stranger land :P many concern start to surface.. My younger sister is still yet to get her PR.. we are thinking hard on way to bring her along.. unfortunately it is simply beyond our ability to make it happend fast, so we have have come out an idea.. to bring her along to study in Australia.. that way.. she can be in Australia almost immediately.. my mom will be less worry about leaving her alone here in Penang.
However, upon checking with the Australian education agency in Penang, we found that the school fee will cost us about AUD17K per year, so it is a AUD34K investment. I have gone up to have a chat session with my migration, he is kind of surprise that we would like to attempt this, as he thinks that it is too expensive to do so, he advise my younger sister to look for a migratable job and work for a year then apply for the PR instead. I nevertheless convey the meessage to my elder sister to discuss with my younger sister... Of coz as expected she responsed with her unsatisfaction, she thinks that we have promise to bring her along and study there. We did try to explore on the possibility, but frankly the cost involved is just simply too high to bare. I know it will be tough for her to work alone in Penang with all the family members in Australia. However, at the present it seems to be the best decision for her future and most affordable method. What do you think?

1 comment:

不精な猫 said...

Study diploma maybe cheaper? I dunno, but its tough to leave a family member behind...hope everything will go well in the end.