Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Resignation finally

The day has come, this is the second I tender my resignation in Dell, wondering will there be 3rd time. The feeling was not good before I officially pass the letter to my boss, however, I have decided to do it. First of all, I email him on my intention to tender my resignation. Guess how does he responded? ... He sent me with the following instant message
Boss:"What's wrong?"
Boss: "I can't believe it you guys are leaving one after another"..
Me: "Sorry boss, it is a hard decision"
Boss: " Let's find a time to talk today"
Me: "Ok"
So by 3pm, he called me to go up and look for him, we looked for a meeting room and proceed with our usual conversation. He asked me why I want to leave? Is there anything he can do to make me stay.. Of coz I told him that, I am very firm this round.. I will be going.. So he ask if I am going due to better prospect? or simply becoz I dun like the people or work here? hehe.. I really hate to be honest.. :P However, I told him " the team is ok", Just I am looking for migrating to Australia. This is something Dell cannot offer me... To my surprise, my boss actually ask me, what if I can offer you to work in our Sydney office? Would you consider staying?? Haha.. what should I say?? I was blank when he prompted me with this question.. The next thing I know.. I told him, I would definitely consider.. Well, he tooks it and told me he is going to talk to my director during the night meeting and bring up to Vice President for approval on my relocation.. This really shock me, as I never expect he will come out with this type of response. I thought he will just let me go.. haha...

However, it is too early to say anything, I shall see how it goes, first of all, the VP must really approve for the thing to happend, secondly, even if they really offer me to relocate to Sydney, I still must see if the package is up to the market standard right? hehe.. Whatever it is, Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

welovepenang said...

hope you get the thing work out the way u wan them to be... good luck...

sad to hear that you are leaving this beautiful island.... :<

just drop by to say hi....

MelPen said...

Thanks! :) Seeking a change in life..